- Art Garfunkel-style lack of haircut - I'm trying to enjoy it while I still have it :-)
- I'm pounding non-alcoholic beer like there's no tomorrow and actually starting to enjoy it! My favorite by far is Radegast (Birell). If you want to bring me something, a six-pack of Radegast Nealko (blue cans) will always do the trick!
- The combination of no sleep, very heavy drugs (the corticoids), tremendous guilt for having dumped all this on my closest friends, the shame of accepting help, not being able to listen to the thoughtless and inappropriate crap that comes out of a lot of mouths, all along with the nightmare of a potentially terminal illness, has indeed made me a tad cranky.
- I'm not e-mailing people, responding to text messages, or even answering my phone. But that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate it (maybe not the calls), I do. I hope you all understand that I'm incredibly busy at the moment and the foreseeable future and simply don't have the time.
- For someone who hadn't had a shot since 2000, I now have track marks like a junkie.
- I really hate myself for having to tell people who want to visit me that they can't - just because there's only so much I can take right now.
- I used to enjoy repeating myself. Right now, I can think of no worse torture. That's what the blog is for.
- My greatest pleasure right now is consoling people who are confronting immeasurably less serious issues. I'm not kidding.
- I often play the tumor trump. You'd be surprised how often it actually doesn't work :-)
Monday, February 4, 2008
Those who have spent time with me lately may have noticed a few changes. Here's a top 9 list: